Costa Rica Nature Videos

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Whether to rent a car or take the buses while visiting Costa Rica?.......................

I get questions all the time about how is the best way to travel while visiting Costa Rica.  I can only share my opinion and experience and some of the experiences told to me by travelers.  We all know (those that have done research on the Internet) that renting a car carries some cautions. Please just take to heart some of the scams and just be on alert.  I feel that the incidents reported are highly blown out of proportion.  I call them "Scare Tactics".  I am not saying that they don't exists, just that being aware of the possibilities put you way ahead of the game.
If you are not in a hurry and traveling with little or no luggage, the public bus can be an adventure.They make frequent stops for letting off and letting on customers.  The cost is very low and you can practice your Spanish with the locals while traveling.  Be sure to watch your luggage and if you fall asleep, be sure to have your money, passport, etc, in a place on your person that you would awake if someone attempted to pat you down..You decide where that place will be.  There is no a/c..so they drive really fast with the windows open.  So be prepared..  If you are not sure about riding the public bus, first try a short distance and then you will know if it's for you..
I personally like to travel using Private/Group transportation.  The vans have a/c, drive at reasonable speeds and have a scheduled stop for bathroom/drinks(non-alcoholic).  They keep to their schedules and are very helpful with your luggage.  I have used all the above modes of transportation and I like using the group transportation the best.

  If you wish to visit Costa Rica, come with us...http://www.costaricainnature.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment