Costa Rica Nature Videos

Saturday, October 9, 2010


My visiting Costa Rica all started 10 years ago, while planning a vacation to do Yoga in the rain forest.  It is funny how doing something so minor can turn into life changing events.  My story started back in October of 2000.  I was sitting on my deck one Sunday, reading my Yoga Journal Magazine.  I came across an article about some great places to do yoga in the world and I saw a place that I liked in Costa Rica. 
I then started getting everything I needed to make the trip.  Mind you that I am a woman and was going to be traveling alone to a foreign country.  I gave that a few thoughts and decided this would be a good measurement to see just what I am made out of…. 
I did all the necessary things to obtain a passport and I booked my flight and off to the rainforest I was headed.  I really put myself in the hands of fate, because I didn’t do any research on the internet, listen to people that told me that it was dangerous or even felt I should even be worried. 
Upon arriving at the airport, I was a little overwhelmed with all the taxis and people yelling “Taxi Lady?”   At one point a man grabbed my luggage and took off with it and threw it in the back of a taxi.  I was screaming at him “No, No, senior” He finally gave it back to me.  I don’t think he was trying to steal my luggage, just wanting me to use his taxi, since my luggage was already in his trunk…
I then started looking for a man that was holding a sign with my name on it amongst tons of people.  I was delighted when I finally found him.
My first night was spent in San Jose in a hotel that had a big gate with bars that opened to let me in.  I then starting thinking, this is kind of strange.  I was then off to my room after a long day of flying to shower and get some sleep.   During the night, my neighbors decided to have a verbal discussion (in Spanish) and all I could hear were men’s voices yelling. At this point I started to get a little nervous.  At the light of day when I walked out of my room to catch the bus to Limon, I saw beautiful mountains that surrounded San Jose and from there on my feelings and thoughts changed to that of peace.
I stayed 9 days in the rainforest in a bungalow with views of the Caribbean.    
This is when I fell in love with Costa Rica and started experiencing different areas.
I will tell you about my journeys.  Hope that you will return to hear them  
To learn more about me, check out my website    http://www.costaricainnature.com/               

No comments:

Post a Comment